This Code of Conduct (Code of Conduct) sets out the terms for use of the [Olympus Event, Live Stream Q&A and polling] (the Chat), which applies to all users. By joining this event you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of this Code of Conduct.
The Chat Functions are fully moderated. Every contribution submitted to the chat (Contribution) will be checked by us for compliance with our content standards [CONTENT STANDARDS BELOW] (Content Standards) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. We cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be moderated on the Chat as this will depend on Olympus personnel availability, but we will endeavour to monitor the chat during all live events and provide a response within 24 hours during an event and within two working days outside of an event.
Although the Chat is fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Chat or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating the Chat at any time. We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third-party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Chat by any person in contravention of this Chat.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. Olympus will determine, at its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Great Britian and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
- Not contain any patient personal data. Any patient related material submitted must be completely anonymized.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third-party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Be in contempt of court
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Olympus if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote, incite any third-party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
By submitting a Contribution to the Chat, you agree to grant Olympus a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, Olympus will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. Olympus may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist for that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards [CONTENT STANDARDS ABOVE], you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Chat, you are warranting that you have the right to grant Olympus the non-exclusive copyright licence described above. If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to Olympus please do not submit the Contribution to the Chat.
Breach of Content Standards
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of the Chat. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Limitations of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL OLYMPUS BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM (1) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CHAT; (2) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (3) THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE FORUM; OR (4) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE FORUM. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT OLYMPUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Chat, please contact us at [email protected] . We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards [CONTENT STANDARDS ABOVE]. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards [CONTENT STANDARDS ABOVE] as described above (see section “Breach of this Chat”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time from receiving your complaint.
Changes to Code of Conduct
We may revise the Code of Conduct at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.